Big Island Waterfalls & Botanical Gardens Tour Highlights Include:
- View Waipio Valley from its overlook. Your guide will share the historical and legendary stories of Waipio, known as the “Valley of the Kings.”
- Tour World Botanical Gardens and several distinct garden areas and distinctive species of tropical plants. View Kamaee Falls and the tumbling Hanapueo Stream.
- Venture off the beaten path to Akaka Falls and view the most incredible 442-foot waterfall and its gardens. Learn about the legend of King Akaka by your tour guide.
- Meander through Hawaii Tropical Botanical Garden. Nature lovers from around the world consider this garden museum to be one of the best. There are over 2,000 species of tropical plants in a true tropical rainforest with nature trails, crossing bubbling streams, passing several beautiful waterfalls and the exciting ocean vistas along the rugged Pacific coast.
- Take a stroll into Hilo Farmers Market. Local farmers and crafters sell their produce, crafts, gift items and tropical flowers in a festive outdoor atmosphere that recalls back to the old “plantation” days of early Hilo
- Visit the 80-foot Rainbow Falls. On sunny days with the right angle of the sun, rainbows can be seen in the mist thrown up by the waterfall.
(For more information please visit www.essentialhawaiitours.com/big-island-waterfalls)