LAS VEGAS, NV – Earlier this year, the Stratosphere, Casino, Hotel & Tower began its transition to The STRAT Hotel, Casino and SkyPod, a rebrand that embodies the revolution of the iconic property since Golden Entertainment, Inc. took ownership in late 2017. Two commercials aired during the Super Bowl: “ Strat Rising ,” announcing the rebrand, and “ Take the World for a Spin ,” showcasing the property’s award-winning Top of the World restaurant.
“The Stratosphere is a Las Vegas icon, so in acquiring the property we chose to preserve that quality while also re-imagining the resort through a comprehensive remodel that spans from the tower to the main casino floor,” said Steve Arcana, executive vice president and chief operating officer of Golden Entertainment. “We have developed a new brand that speaks to the fun and excitement of this grand transformation and we are thrilled to announce The STRAT.”
Golden Entertainment began its transformation of the property through a remodel that began in mid-2018:
- In June, The STRAT introduced a new Baccarat gaming pit with six tables.
- In August, The STRAT unveiled the “Elevate” room series, a complete remodel of 311 rooms with new décor, furniture and amenities designed by award-winning architectural firm, Friedmutter Group.
- In September, The STRAT introduced an entirely new menu at its award-winning 360-degree rotating restaurant, Top of the World, serving steaks and seafood complemented by fresh, seasonal ingredients. Some of the standout selections include: a 14-ounce Wagyu ribeye from Tajima Ranch, a 2 ½ pound Maine Lobster and Ora King salmon fillet. Also introduced at that time was a new menu of craft cocktails and a new wine list with nearly 300 selections of hard-to-find, boutique selections as well as some of the world’s most celebrated wines.
- In November came the opening of the new 4,465-square-foot Strat Café & Wok, a 24-hour restaurant offering elevated comfort cuisine, including lemon poppy seed pancakes, cornflake-crusted French toast stuffed with peanut butter and mixed berry compote; seven-layer lasagna made with Bolognese, tomato-basil, parmesan and a white wine sauce; and Hunan-style orange chicken.
- In December, The STRAT finalized a full remodel of Top of the World, complete with new Kinon® tables, reupholstered furniture and top-of-the-line place settings, including Messermeister steak knives.
- In late December, The STRAT debuted 108 Eats by James Trees, located on the 108th floor on the Observation Deck. Developed in partnership with Trees, 108 Eats serves chef-driven fresh paninis, inventive house-made ice creams and other treats.
The STRAT will continue its evolution of the property in 2019 with the introduction of BLVD & Main Taphouse; View Lounge, offering a full bar and signature cocktails with views of the casino floor; and the Race and Sports Book, a fully remodeled sports book equipped with an immersive LED wraparound wall and the highest level of wagering technology, operated by William Hill. BLVD & Main, View Lounge and Sports Book and Race will open this spring at the northwest corner of the main casino floor, with convenient access from the main entrance. A full remodel of the indoor and outdoor Observation Decks on floors 108 and 109, respectively, will also be revealed this spring, along with 108 Drinks joining 108 Eats. The STRAT will also partner with Aristocrat Technologies to debut the Link Lounge, named for the company’s popular “Link” game series, which will offer games such as Lighting Link, Dragon Link and Liberty Link. IGT’s electronic Dynasty table games will also be added to the casino floor.
The STRAT will be the first of Golden Entertainment’s properties to introduce True Rewards, a comprehensive gaming rewards program that will soon be available at 130+ locations, including: Arizona Charlie’s Decatur and Arizona Charlie’s Boulder in Las Vegas; Aquarius Casino Resort, Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino Resort and Edgewater Hotel & Casino Resort in Laughlin, Nev.; Rocky Gap Casino Resort in Flintstone, Md.; Pahrump Nugget Hotel & Casino, Gold Town Casino and Lakeside Casino & RV Park in Pahrump, Nev. True Rewards will also replace the current rewards program at all of PT’s Entertainment Group’s 60+ taverns, including PT’s Pub, PT’s Gold, PT’s Ranch, PT’s Brewing Company, Sean Patrick’s, Sierra Gold and SG Bar; as well as at all Smith’s and Albertson’s in Nevada, which are operated by Golden Route Operations, Golden Entertainment’s distributed gaming division.
Along with the rebrand of the hotel, The STRAT has announced SkyPod, one destination to mark the top of the tower, which includes: Top of the World, located on the 106th floor; 107 SkyLounge, located on the 107th floor, the Observation Deck, 108 Eats by James Trees and 108 Drinks, located on the 108th floor; and thrill rides and attractions, located at the top of the tower, including: Sky Jump, Big Shot, Insanity and X-Scream.
Golden Entertainment engaged innovative marketing firm, LANE | TERRALEVER, to develop the rebrand of The STRAT. In addition to the “Strat Rising” and “Take the World for a Spin” campaigns, LANE | TERRALEVER recently debuted the “Renovated and Elevated” campaign for the Elevate room series.
About The STRAT Hotel, Casino and SkyPod: The STRAT Hotel, Casino and SkyPod, formerly the Stratosphere, Casino, Hotel & Tower, has introduced a full rebrand that embodies the revolution of the iconic property since Golden Entertainment, Inc. took ownership in late 2017. Located on the north Strip at the gateway to the Arts District at 2000 S. Las Vegas Blvd., the hotel offers 2,427 guest rooms, including the fully remodeled “Elevate” series rooms and suites, and an 80,000-square-foot casino. The SkyPod, located at the top of the iconic tower at 1,149 feet high, is comprised of Top of the World, serving award-winning cuisine in a 360 degree rotating dining room on the 106th floor; 107 SkyLounge, located on the 107th floor, the Observation Deck, 108 Eats by James Trees and 108 Drinks, located on the 108th floor; and thrill rides and attractions, located at the top of the tower, including: Sky Jump, Big Shot, Insanity and X-Scream. The STRAT also offers the Radius Pool, located on the rooftop of the 25th floor, and a variety of shops, restaurants, bars and entertainment, including MJ LIVE, a Michael Jackson tribute show; and L.A. Comedy Club, which showcases up-and-coming stand-up comics. Golden Entertainment, Inc.’s new, streamlined gaming rewards program, True Rewards, will debut at The STRAT in late February. Free valet and self-parking are available anytime for all guests. More information is available at www.StratRising.com or by calling 702-380-7777 or 800-99-TOWER (998-6937). The STRAT is on social media at Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
About Golden Entertainment, Inc.: Golden Entertainment, Inc. owns and operates Golden Gaming, PT’s Entertainment Group and Golden Route Operations. Golden Gaming’s assets include 10 resort-casinos, including The STRAT Hotel, Casino and SkyPod, Arizona Charlie’s Decatur and Arizona Charlie’s Boulder in Las Vegas; Aquarius Casino Resort, Colorado Belle Hotel & Casino Resort and Edgewater Hotel & Casino Resort in Laughlin, Nev.; Rocky Gap Casino Resort in Flintstone, Md.; Pahrump Nugget Hotel & Casino, Gold Town Casino and Lakeside Casino & RV Park in Pahrump, Nev. PT’s Entertainment Group is Nevada’s largest tavern operator with more than 60 taverns, including PT’s Pub, PT’s Gold, PT’s Ranch, PT’s Brewing Company, Sean Patrick’s, Sierra Gold and SG Bar. Golden Route Operations, one of the largest distributed gaming operations in the nation, operates more than 10,500 gaming devices in more than 1,000 locations across Nevada and Montana. The company as a whole operates more than 16,200 gaming devices, 114 table games, 5,168 hotel rooms, and provides jobs for approximately 7,000 employees. More information is available on the company’s website: http://www.goldenent.com/.