LOS ANGELES, CA — The City of Los Angeles, Department of Recreation and Parks will be activating cooling centers at specified facilities to help Angelenos during days of high temperatures reaching above 90 degrees. The centers will follow the LA County Public Health social distancing guidelines during hours of operation.
The National Weather Service has issued an Excessive Heat Warning for Los Angeles in effect from April 24, 11:00 a.m. PDT until April 25, 6:00 p.m. PDT.
The following Recreation and Parks’ cooling center facilities operation hours will begin Friday, April 24, 2020, through Saturday, April 25, 2020 from 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
1. Lincoln Heights Senior Center: 2323 Workman St. Los Angeles, CA 90031, (323) 225-9339
2. Mid-Valley Senior Center at Sepulveda Recreation Center: 8825 Kester Avenue, Panorama City, CA 91402, (818) 892-0892
3. Robert Wilkinson Multipurpose Center: 8956 Vanalden Ave. Northridge, CA 91324, 818 756-7741
4. Sherman Oaks East Valley Adult Center: 5056 Van Nuys Blvd. Sherman Oaks, CA 91403, (818) 386-9674
After the conclusion of the cooling centers’ activation hours, the facilities will continue to follow the citywide park closures restrictions mandated by City’s Safe at Home directives and the LA County Public Health orders until further notice.
Recreation and Park facilities are physically accessible and will work in coordination with the Department of Disability to provide reasonable accommodation to ensure programmatic accessibility and effective communication for people with disabilities.
Information regarding City facilities is available:
● By calling 3-1-1
● By calling the Recreation and Parks Public Information Office at (213) 202-2700
● Or by visiting www.laparks.org
● COVID-19 related questions and comments, please call 213-978-1028 or 311.