LAS VEGAS – With a lengthy roster of professional teams, top-tier events, and a fan experience like no other, Las Vegas has become the global sports capital. Each fall, the action gets amped up as a handful of home teams start their seasons – packing the calendar with sports spectacles any enthusiast wouldn’t want to miss.
Whether you’re experiencing the game live or watching the broadcast at a bustling Vegas viewing party, fall is the ideal time of year to take in sports in the destination.
Cheer on the Home Team
Las Vegas is now home to several professional sports teams, packing the live event calendar each fall with anticipated matchups and must-see action in the destination.
- The Las Vegas Raiders continue their season at Allegiant Stadium, with rivalry games facing the Kansas City Chiefs (Sunday, Nov. 26) and Los Angeles Chargers (Thursday, Dec. 14) on the horizon.
- Ignite of NBA G League picks up its season at The Dollar Loan Center on Friday, Nov. 10, facing the Ontario Clippers.
- The Stanley Cup Champion Vegas Golden Knights kick off their regular season at T-Mobile Arena on Tuesday, Oct. 10, facing the Seattle Kraken as they begin to defend the Stanley Cup.
- The Henderson Silver Knights take the ice at The Dollar Loan Center, with a home opener facing the San Jose Barracuda taking place Friday, Oct. 13.
- The Las Vegas Desert Dogs bring lacrosse action to Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino on Friday, Dec. 1, facing the Albany Firewolves in the first home game of the season.
Even More Exciting Action
High-profile sporting events will be held in Las Vegas through the end of the year, as the destination hosts everything from racing and rodeo to boxing and basketball.
- NCAA Football: UNLV Football continues play at Allegiant Stadium through Saturday, Nov. 25, when the Rebels cap the season facing the San Jose State Spartans.
- Boxing: Canelo vs. Charlo at T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, Sept. 30
- Boxing: Zurdo vs. Smith Jr. at The Chelsea at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas on Saturday, Oct. 7
- Basketball: Los Angeles Lakers vs. Brooklyn Nets at T-Mobile Arena on Monday, Oct. 9
- Golf: Shriners Children’s Open at TPC Summerlin from Monday, Oct. 9 through Sunday, Oct. 15
- Racing: Star Nursery 150 ARCA Menards Series West at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Friday, Oct. 13
- Racing: Alsco Uniforms 302 NASCAR Xfinity Series at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Saturday, Oct. 14
- Racing: South Point 400 NASCAR Series at Las Vegas Motor Speedway on Sunday, Oct. 15
- Rodeo: American Bucking Bull Inc. World Finals at South Point Arena & Equestrian Center at South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa from Monday, Oct. 16 through Saturday, Oct. 21
- Rodeo: PBR Challenger Series Championship at South Point Arena & Equestrian Center at South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa on Thursday, Oct. 19
- Rodeo: PBR Teams Championship at T-Mobile Arena from Friday, Oct. 20 through Sunday, Oct. 22
- Rodeo: Indian National Finals Rodeo at South Point Arena & Equestrian Center at South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa from Tuesday, Oct. 24 through Saturday, Oct. 28
- Racing: NHRA Nevada Nationals at Las Vegas Motor Speedway from Thursday, Oct. 26 through Sunday, Oct. 29
- NCAA Basketball: Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame Series at T-Mobile Arena on Monday, Nov. 6
- Equestrian: Las Vegas National Horse Show at South Point Arena & Equestrian Center at South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa from Monday, Nov. 13 through Sunday, Nov. 19
- Racing: Formula 1 Heineken Silver Las Vegas Grand Prix from Thursday, Nov. 16 through Saturday, Nov. 18
- NCAA Basketball: Continental Tire Main Event at T-Mobile Arena from Friday, Nov. 17 through Sunday, Nov. 19
- NCAA Basketball: Ball Dawgs Classic at The Dollar Loan Center from Tuesday, Nov. 21 through Friday, Nov. 24
- NCAA Volleyball: Mountain West Conference Volleyball Championship at Thomas & Mack Center from Wednesday, Nov. 22 through Friday, Nov. 24
- NCAA Basketball: Vegas Showdown at Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino from Thursday, Nov. 23 to Friday, Nov. 24
- NCAA Basketball: Thanksgiving Shootout at South Point Arena & Equestrian Center at South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa from Thursday, Nov. 23 through Saturday, Nov. 25
- NCAA Football: Pac-12 Football Championship at Allegiant Stadium on Friday, Dec. 1
- Basketball: NBA In-Season Tournament at T-Mobile Arena from Thursday, Dec. 7 though Saturday, Dec. 9
- Rodeo: National Finals Rodeo at Thomas & Mack Center from Thursday, Dec. 7 through Saturday, Dec. 16
- NCAA Basketball: Jack Jones Classic at The Dollar Loan Center on Saturday, Dec. 9 and Wednesday, Dec. 13
- MMA: UFC 296 – Edwards vs. Covington at T-Mobile Arena on Saturday, Dec. 16
- NCAA Basketball: HBCU Challenge at Michelob ULTRA Arena at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino from Saturday, Dec. 16 through Sunday, Dec. 17
Where to Watch the Game
Not only does Las Vegas host some of the most incredible sporting events of the year, it is also home to many ideal spots to watch the game. From sports-centric bars to swanky lounges, the destination offers numerous places to cheer the team on—all while enjoying fantastic food and beverages.
Illuminarium at AREA15 transforms into an NFL watch party every Monday night, using state-of-the-art surround sound and projection mapping to bring the stadium environment to life for sports fans. The experience is complete with tailgate favorites from Lumin Café, beverages, and games and prizes. Attendees also receive complimentary entrance to SPACE After Dark, Illuminarium’s adults-only nightlife experience.
Proper Eats Food Hall at ARIA Resort & Casino offers football-loving foodies its Ultimate Tailgate package every Sunday throughout football season. Available to guests seated in the Proper Bar area, the package includes unlimited eats at nearly all the food hall’s concepts, including Easy’s Donuts, Egghead, Laughing Buddha, Lola’s Burgers, Pizzaoki, Seoul Bird, Shalom Y’all and Wexler’s Deli. Offering a full menu of beers, craft cocktails and wine, Proper Bar features ample seating and HDTVs surrounding the lounge for prime sports viewing. The space also offers a free draft beer to visitors wearing college football attire on every Saturday throughout the season.
Borracha Mexican Cantina at Green Valley Ranch Resort Spa Casino celebrates the home team throughout the season, offering visitors wearing silver and black a free beer during any Las Vegas Raiders game. Featuring a menu of Mexican-inspired dishes, specialty cocktails and over 20+ HDTVs, the lively cantina also features complimentary tequila shots for every touchdown scored by the silver and black.
Carnaval Court at Harrah’s Las Vegas puts on the Raiders Football Weekend Kickoff every Saturday before Raiders games. The fan event features drink specials, live entertainment and opportunities to win Raiders prizes.
Luxor Hotel & Casino and Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino together present The Fan District, offering several gameday drink specials at bars across the properties including Aurora, BetMGM Sportsbook, Centra, EyeCandy and Rhythm & Riffs. Visitors can also show their Allegiant Stadium ticket for a buy-one-get-one-free beer at Aurora, Centra, Franklin or Hazel, with food specials at Public House and Diablo’s Cantina.
Flanker Kitchen + Sports Bar at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino has debuted a Game Day Brunch offered during both college and professional football games on Saturday and Sunday. Visitors can enjoy American brunch favorites and unobstructed views on the bar’s 50+ TVs and massive, 30-foot LED screen.
The Still Crafts, Drafts & Eats at The Mirage Hotel & Casino hosts watch parties with specials, signature dishes and games broadcasted across its 27 HDTVs. Fans are also invited to play “Rally For Your Raider” during all Raiders games, wherein each table is assigned a Raiders player and wins a round of house shots if that player scores a touchdown.
Tailgate Social Sports Bar & Grill at Palace Station Hotel & Casino proves you don’t need a truck bed to tailgate in style. The restaurant offers fans watch parties throughout football season, featuring games, specials, sports-themed cocktails and over 30 HDTVs airing the action. Fans are also invited to play “Rally For Your Raider” during all Raiders games, wherein each table is assigned a Raiders player and wins a round of house shots if that player scores a touchdown.
Beer Park at Paris Las Vegas hosts viewing parties throughout the season, with seating reservations available for college and professional games. Perched above the Strip, the party patio offers oversized games, dozens of beers on draft and a menu of gameday favorites.
Piero’s Italian Cuisine brings back Knights on Fire, a specialty cocktail honoring the Vegas Golden Knights, on Tuesday, Oct. 10, the night of the team’s season opener. The beverage, made of Ilegal Mezcal, lemon, ginger syrup and hot honey, honors the reigning Stanley Cup champions and is available to order throughout the NHL season.
Blondie’s Sports Bar & Grill at The Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino offers a gameday grub, an extensive beverage menu, drink specials, beer pong and over 60 screens broadcasting the best games of the day.
Wynn Field Club at Allegiant Stadium offers a unique way to take in a Las Vegas Raiders home game. Located at the north endzone of the field, the venue elevates the gameday experience with DJ sets, plush seating, bottle service and more.
ABOUT THE LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide and with operating the 4.6 million square-foot Las Vegas Convention Center (LVCC). With more than 150,000 hotel rooms and more than 15 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space in Las Vegas alone, the LVCVA’s mission centers on attracting leisure and business visitors to the area. The LVCVA also owns the Vegas Loop at Las Vegas Convention Center, designed and operated by The Boring Company, and also owns the Las Vegas Monorail, an elevated 3.9-mile system with seven stops throughout the resort corridor. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com, www.visitlasvegas.com or www.vegasmeansbusiness.com.