Last week I shared with you some of the weekend programs that have been scheduled at the Hollywood Bowl 2011. To continue:
• Labor Day Weekend will find The Human League, The B-52s, The Fixx Berline on stage. Monster hits including “Don’t You Want Me,” “Love shack,” “One Thing Leads to Another” and “Take My Breath Away” are among the hits you hear on September 2 and 3.
• The AFI”s Great Movie Quiz, a world-premiere event, with the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra. Concert-goers will have their film knowledge tested as questions about the movies and music are answered live by the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra!
• September 9 and 10 will find the Los Angeles Philharmonic with Bramwell Tovey conducting and the USC Trojan Marching Band. The evening will find Tchaikovsky and fireworks with the Rococo Variations for cello and orchestra, plus the 1812 Overture, complete with cannons and pyrotechnics.
• Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, September 16, 17 and 18 has “A Night at the Moulin Rouge” Fireworks Finale. Again, the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra with Thomas Wilkins conducting, the Paris Combo as special guests and as very special guests the high-kicking Dancers from the Moulin Rouge.
• And, on September 24, Melissa Peterman will host the annual Sing-A-Long Sound of Music evening. At 6:00 p.m. join the pre-show parade followed by the film at 7:30 p.m. Warm up your vocal cords as this popular sing-a-long returns to the giant screen.
Individual tickets are now on sale. For parking I do recommend the Bowl Shuttles or the Park and Ride lots. Or, take the Metro to Hollywood/Highland or Universal City. Walk to the Shuttle Lots, show your Metro Ticket, and ride free to the Bowl. For ticket information please call (323) 850-2000 or go to www.HollywoodBowl.com/tickets.