The 3rd Annual Surf City Surf Dog Surf Competition kicks off in Huntington Beach on Sept. 23, and to start things off on the right paw, pet-friendly boutique hotel The Shorebreak will host the Doggie Couture Fashion Show on Friday night. At 6:30 PM, local fashionistas and their canine companions will strut down the runway, modeling some of Dog is Good’s latest and greatest in doggy duds.
The Doggie Couture Fashion Event marks the kick-off weekend for the 3rd annual Surf City Surf Dog Event where pooches will be able to “hang 20” in surfing competitions and strut their stuff in a variety of dog-gone fun activities and contests – all while raising funds for animal welfare organizations. Additionally, The Shorebreak Hotel is showing some serious puppy love with the launch of their Dog is Beachin’ VIP Package. Starting now, when booking a hotel room for two (2) nights, Friday through Sunday (September 23-25, the weekend of the Surf City Surf Dog Event), guests and their canine companions receive perks that are sure to make tails wag. A portion of the package sales go to a variety of pet-related charity partners.
The package includes:
- Room Accommodations
- A Spot as one of our judges of the “Pawabunga” Costume Contest on Saturday nightDog and Owner get a 1 hour private surf lesson that include the cost of the board and wetsuit
- A $100 credit to Zimzala Restaurant (which features a gourmet dog menu) for a doggie/human dinner date
- Registration for both Surf and Costume Contest
- 5 Raffle Tickets for a chance to win fabulous prizes including a stay at Shorebreak with your furry friend, a shopping spree onDogisGood.com, and more
- Two (2) “Never Surf Alone” Dog is Good© T-Shirts
- Dog is Good© Dog water bottle
- Dog grooming session at the hotel to get glam for the Dog/Human Fashion Show on Friday night
- For the Human, a blowout/hair styling session to get glam for the Dog/Human Fashion show on Friday night
- A photo shot by Photo Lab for dog and owner at the Fashion Show
- Private A “Pet Pawtrait” painting of the dog by SoCal-based pet painter (a photo from the Photo Lab photo shoot may be submitted)
- Special doggy amenities including a soft in-room dog bed, dog bowls, treats and more
- Daily newspaper, Evening Wine Hour and Access to the 24-Hour Fitness Studio Proceeds will go to benefit the following Charity Partners: Southern California Bulldog Rescue, Surf Dog Riochet, OC Humane Society, Westie Rescue of Orange County & Beyond, and Huntington Dog Beach.
Offer valid September 23, 2011 – September 25, 2011 (two night minimum stay only). Two (2) days advance purchase required. Rates subject to space availability. Taxes and gratuities not included.