By Sandra Holstein, Guest Columnist
1. Pot Pies: Has 1020 calories and 18g saturated fat. Add the 13g of hidden trans fat and you’re up to 31 grams of clogging fat.
2. Chicken Strips/Nuggets from fast food restaurants: 630 Calories and 11 grams of fat. That’s about the same as a hamburger from the same restaurant, but the burger has 1,010 mg of sodium and the chicken has 1,550 mg.
3. Cheesecake: A slice of plain cheesecake has 610 calories and 219 grams of saturated fat – the same as eating an 8oz prime rib for dessert.
4. Ice Cream: A tennis ball size serving has 300 calories and 8-13 grams of saturated fat.
5. A Milk Chocolate & Walnut Cookie: One cookie can contain 300 calories and as much saturated fat as a 12 ounce sirloin steak.
6. Large Caffe Mocha with whipped cream: 490 calories and 16 grams of fat.
7. Four Stacker Hamburger: With 4 slices of cheese, 8 strips of bacon, plus sauce and a bun, this will provide you with 1000 calories and 30 grams of saturated fat, and more than a day’s sodium 1,800 mg.
8. Can of Soup: Crammed with salt – a half a can averages more than a half of a person’s daily quota of salt.
9. Tortilla Burrito: Filled with rice, beans, pinto beans, cheese, chicken, sour cream, and salsa. 1,180 calories and 19 grams of saturated fat.
10. Ice Cream Sundae: Three scoops of ice cream, hot fudge, cookie crumbles, chocolate sprinkles and whipped cream has 1,270 calories and 38 grams of saturated fat.